A society without a determined and visionary leader in the face of political crisis and economic recession loses focus and gropes in the labyrinth of darkness and backwardness – Oso Adedeji
Regardless of how you feel about Governor Fayose’s character and political philosophy, you just have to give it to him as a Performer who deserves a warm commendation from all, given his records of achievements within the last 48months in the saddle of leadership as the Executive Governor of Ekiti State.
It must be noted that inspite of the prevailing economic downturn being witnessed in Nigeria at large, Ekiti State unlike other states has survived.
All thanks to the ever dogged, rugged, articulate, combative and ingenuous Governor Fayose of Ekiti State who has continued to steadily sail the ship of governance despite heavy storm of distractions cascading from the powers in high places since his glorious and ceremonious inauguration (2) years ago amidst serious economic concerns evolving from the huge debt profile left behind by the immediate past government of Dr. Kayode Fayemi.
No doubt, expectations had been very high though; yet, Governor Fayose has undoubtedly continued to give his best in terms of policies vis-a-vis human and infrastructural development, especially in the following areas amidst the available meagre resources gotten from federal allocation and lean IGR:
1. Human Power Empowerment and motivation of teachers.
2. Education: Record Breaking Performance in the July, 2016 NECO Examination.
3 Double Carriage Ways in Ado Ekiti and other Local Govt Areas
4. 125km Flyover in Ado Ekiti
5. Modern Market Revolution
6. Anti-grazing Bill and effectuation
6. Opposition voice in Nigeria
7. Populism and governance (rooted in nativism and street credibility).
8. Infrastructural Development across the nooks and crannies of Ekiti State
9. Stomach Infrastructure and Social Security/Welfare Scheme for the poor
10. Funmilayo Olayinka Women Development Centre, to mention a few.
In the light of the above, I, on behalf of my team hereby wish to felicitate with H.E. Dr. Peter Ayo Fayose on these giant strides cum records of excellent achievements.
It is my prayer that God grants him wisdom and wherewithal to continue with this energy and propensity till the end. Similarly, it is equally my prayer that God grants him the grace to fulfil his promise to offset all outstanding arrears of workers in the State before the end of his tenure. AMEN.
I wish the Governor and his entire team well, pray that God continues to uphold them altogether in all ramifications.
Congratulations and happy celebration!
– Deji Oso (….writes from Osi-Ekiti)